Limburg is one of Europe’s top regions for shared services, contact centers and corporate services (accounting, HR, and supply chain). Multinationals value Limburg’s business climate due to its multilingual labor force. In Limburg – where Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands intersect – nearly 10,000 people work in contact centers & financial shared services for Vodafone, Mercedes-Benz CAC, DHL European Finance Services, Bertelsmann, Hennes & Mauritz (H&M), Office Depot and Bayer Finncial Servicds. The Smart Services sector is responisble for 65,000 jobs in Limburg.
Big Data, the Internet of Things, and Smart Services
New data-driven services are developed by looking at big data in a different way. Brightlands Smart Services Campus strives for innovations in the financial/administrative cluster, developing smart services tailored to the client’s specific situation. Start-ups, SME’s, and large companies play a major role in the interaction on campus. They conduct fundamental research by analyzing and combining big data from business cases. Areas of expertise of the Smart Services Campus include data science, financial services, and artificial intelligence.
This attracts cross-overs, such as smart logistics, innovative medical solutions, and future farming.
- worldclass research
- access to key languages and right education & business skills.
The campus is home to several tenants
- APG: provides financial services such as executive consultancy, asset management, pension administration
- Accenture: global leader in consulting, technology, and outsourcing
- Business Intelligency and Smart Services (BISS) Institute: focusing on strategic human resource services, innovation in IT and infrastructure, and data visualization
- Conclusion: developing, supporting, and managing the IT-systems of their customers.