Corona measures: Our employees work from home until the 6st of April. We are monitoring RIVM's measures against the spread of the coronavirus. On our contact page you will quickly find the direct contact details of all our employees. More information about the coronavirus is available here.
Chemistry and Materials
Limburg — A Powerful EcosystemLimburg has a significant and well-established chemical sector concentrated in and around the urban cluster of Sittard-Geleen. World-renowned companies such as DSM, SABIC, Sekisui, Celanese, OCI Nitrogen, LANXESS, and Mitsubishi Engineering Plastics have their headquarters, production and R&D activities here.
The chemical sector in Limburg features:
- 15,000 jobs accounting for 20% of total industrial employment;
- chemicals, plastics, and performance materials contribute 22% of total industrial employment;
- EUR 1.3 billion of total industrial added value;
- prospected growth to EUR 2.4 billion in 2020;
- base-chem (SABIC) and high-chem (DSM) are clustered alongside specialized suppliers, service companies and research centers on and around the Chemelot Research and Business Campus offering space to a thousand students and researchers.
Our Ambition to Lead
The Chemelot Campus in Sittard-Geleen…
- is one of the largest chemical sites in Europe (800 hectares) with more than sixty companies;
- has more than thirty chemical plants producing 7.5 million tons of products;
- provides work to approximately 6,000 employees;
- offers business opportunities in biomaterials, functional coatings, smart packaging, renewable energy, and automotive supply.