Expand your business with LIOF
Chemistry and Materials
Limburg — A Powerful EcosystemLimburg has a significant and well-established chemical sector concentrated in and around the urban cluster of Sittard-Geleen. World-renowned companies such as DSM, SABIC, Sekisui, Celanese, OCI Nitrogen, LANXESS, and Mitsubishi Engineering Plastics have their headquarters, production and R&D activities here.
The chemical sector in Limburg features:
- 15,000 jobs accounting for 20% of total industrial employment;
- chemicals, plastics, and performance materials contribute 22% of total industrial employment;
- EUR 1.3 billion of total industrial added value;
- prospected growth to EUR 2.4 billion in 2020;
- base-chem (SABIC) and high-chem (DSM) are clustered alongside specialized suppliers, service companies and research centers on and around the Chemelot Research and Business Campus offering space to a thousand students and researchers.
Our Ambition to Lead
The Chemelot Campus in Sittard-Geleen…
- is one of the largest chemical sites in Europe (800 hectares) with more than sixty companies;
- has more than thirty chemical plants producing 7.5 million tons of products;
- provides work to approximately 6,000 employees;
- offers business opportunities in biomaterials, functional coatings, smart packaging, renewable energy, and automotive supply.