Corona measures: Our employees work from home until at least the 1st of June. By doing this we follow the measures of the RIVM and the government. On our contact page you will quickly find the direct contact details of all our employees. More information about the coronavirus is available here.
What kind of business do you want to grow?
Limburg is a highly industrialized province contributing 25% of the province’s total added value and 80,000 jobs. Its main industries include manufacturing of metal products, machinery, electrical and optical equipment, and automotive. Niche markets include mechatronics, aerospace maintenance, repair, and overhaul. Limburg’s suppliers have a strong position in the supply of end-products and components to OEMs.
Good to Know
- The southern Netherlands spends more than EUR 3 billion on R&D annually (3.2% of Gross Regional Product).
- It lies adjacent to the RWTH, a world-class technology university in Aachen, thirty kilometers from Limburg, with leading institutes in mechanical and electrical engineering, mechatronics, ICT, and aerospace technology.
- The region has developed a one-stop-shop for aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) at Maastricht Aachen Airport.
What’s Already Here
- The sole passenger car manufacturer in the Netherlands is VDL/Nedcar located in Born. With fully automated, flexible assembly lines, it has installed a production capacity of 200,000 vehicles per year in a two-shift system. Following conversion of the production lines, MINI was built in Born for the BMW Group in 2014.
- VDL’s Press Shop, which has some of the most advanced presses in Europe, also produces parts for third-party customers.
- Top technology research at FEV Motorentechnik, Fraunhofer Institute in Aachen, DSM, and Ford Cologne.
- Fontys Technical University of Applied Sciences in Venlo and technical universities in Eindhoven (TU/e) and Aachen (RWTH).